Bike Education/Health Program
This program has an emphasis on personal health, diet, physical activity, communication and participation in bicycle riding.
The learning program in this subject provides students with opportunities for focused development of the following capabilities:
- Personal development (including fitness)
- Bicycle riding
The key areas in the Bike/Health program are designed to meet individual student needs in a range of Outdoor Education related issues. Learning in Health helps students to develop Outdoor Ed literacy and understand how personal actions and decisions affect fitness, health and wellbeing. They develop the knowledge and skills to participate in an active, healthy lifestyle and to ride effectively as a group on roads and trails.
- Personal health issues in daily life
- Practical - Behaving appropriately
- Lifestyle and Environment (To encourage the students to understand the value of healthy living and to adapt these principals to their lives).
- Diet and physical activity
- Communicating with others
- Making friends
- Respecting others whilst riding and working out at the gym